Monday, January 7, 2008

what I do best

Happy Monday! Joanna here -- so yes, I've changed the name of our blog from MY name to OUR names. Shouldn't I have done that to begin with? Well -- yes. But I originally didn't know Brian would have any interest in blogging, so I didn't include him. My mistake! Clearly, there is one person in this couple that was meant to be a writer... So I will gladly sit back and let him entertain you all with his words.

In the meantime, I will "stick to the photos" as my mother put it (thanks, mom!). So here are the photos from our trip. A special shout-out to my uncle Joel for shooting our send-off. Holla!

www.joannawilsonphoto.com/roadtrip08

I will leave you with one story for the day. I had my first LA audition today, and it was definitely...an "experience" (I've been told I'll have a lot of these). I read the scintillating dialogue for the vengeful superhero named Karma, in front of not just the director/producer/whatever-he-was but also about 8 other actors who were waiting in the SAME ROOM and watching me audition (for those of you not in the business, this is UNHEARD OF). After what I'm sure was a brilliant performance (barf!), the director said -- and I quote -- "Mmmmm...Tell 'em, girl!"

Uh--yeah. That's the reaction I was hoping for.

So I left, just praying that I never get THAT call.

On a more positive note, Brian and I both were called in for background work on a new movie called Four Christmases, starring Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. It also features Robert Duvall, John Favreau, Mary Steenburgen, Sissy Spacek, Kristin Chenoweth, and Tim McGraw! We're so excited to be actually doing something considered "work" despite the mere beans that it pays. It shoots the next two days, so I'm sure we'll have plenty more stories in the days to come!

For now, that's all. Enjoy the photos and I'll send Brian to do the writing next time :)

Jo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

J

The pictures don't come up!!

Kathi

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOGS!!! I feel like I'm right there with the 3 of you enjoying your new experiences. Bri, I can't wait to read your first book - I, who don't read often, LOVE to read what you say and how you say it! Jo, I loved the pictures thank you for sharing them with us; I can't wait for the morning so I can share them with Olivia who will also love them. Love you and take care! xoxox - lisi

Dale Pratt-Wilson & Ron Bogle said...

Slow on the uptake, just realized I could post a response here rather tham emailing. Duh. I am the one who suggested Jo stick with the photos, which are great, so thanks to me for the suggestion. Brian's musings are hysterical...perhaps I am easily amused. Now that I got the blogging thing figured out, I'm going back to blog past remarks.